The Maddocks Women initiative (formerly the Maddocks Women’s Network) was originally established in 1997 to assist women in increasing participation in networking activities, which are important to professional development.
Maddocks Women objectives is to encourage and support our women:
- by providing business development and networking opportunities to consolidate and develop their professional relationships both externally and internally; and
- in their personal and professional development through formal learning, mentoring and other opportunities.
Maddocks Women is governed by a Committee and achieves its aims principally through hosting a range of internal and external events throughout the year. These are aimed at professional networking, the development of informal relationships within Maddocks and the professional development of female lawyers.
Our external functions also have a charitable aspect. Through Maddocks Women events, the firm has donated to worthy causes such as World Vision, CARE Australia, Wall of Hands, Gondwana Choirs, Fitted for Work and Dress for Success.
Some of the inspiring speakers at our events include:
- Her Honour Justice Betty King, Supreme Court of Victoria
- Helen Conway, Director of EOWA
- Elizabeth Broderick, Federal Sex Discrimination Commissioner
- Her Honour Justice Beazley, Supreme Court of NSW
- Princess Kusane & Belinda Collins, co-authors of the book Warrior Princess
- Lyn William OAM – Gondwana Choirs
- Associate Justice Lansdowne, Supreme Court of Victoria
- Marita Cheng, Young Australian of the Year 2012
- Jane Nicholls, CEO of The Global Mail
- Barbara Yeoh, Chair of Southern Health
- Mary Barry, CEO of Victoria’s State Emergency Services