Maddocks announces new partners in latest round of promotions
By Jason Silverii• 26 June 2018 • 4 min read
Continued strong growth has seen Maddocks appoint 27 people to senior positions, including three partners
Wednesday 27 June 2018
Continued strong growth has seen Maddocks appoint 27 people to senior positions, including three partners, in its latest round of promotions.
Arlene Colquhoun, Anna Scannell and Brendan Tomlinson will become partners on 1 July. They will be joined by Pria O’Sullivan, who joins Maddocks from King & Wood Mallesons as a partner in Canberra on 2 July.
Arlene is currently a special counsel in the firm’s Banking and Finance team in Sydney and advises Australian and international corporate borrowers and financial institutions on a wide range of banking and finance transactions, including corporate finance, property finance, acquisition finance and project finance. Arlene also has experience in acting for issuers in the Australian and US debt capital markets.
Anna is currently a special counsel in the Construction and Projects team in Melbourne. Anna’s focus is dispute resolution and dispute avoidance where she acts for various participants in the construction and infrastructure sectors, including government entities, local councils, private developers, head contractors, sub-contractors and consultants. She has advised clients on a wide range of issues arising in construction and infrastructure projects, including claims concerning defective works, variations, termination, extensions of time and prolongation costs.
Brendan is currently a special counsel in the Technology, Media and Telecommunications team in Sydney and advises on IT transactions including large-scale, complex outsourcing and integration projects, cloud-based offerings, data analytics, fintech and software licensing and development agreements. Brendan also assists on privacy, cyber security, IP protection and commercialisation, digital marketing and content, social media and sponsorships.
These new promotions take the number of Maddocks partners to 80. The firm has appointed 10 new partners in the past 14 months, representing 12.5 percent growth in partner numbers over that period.
Maddocks Chairman Patrick Ibbotson congratulated Arlene, Anna and Brendan on their milestone achievement.
‘Arlene, Anna and Brendan have demonstrated the qualities we most value in our lawyers: a commitment to excellence and integrity and to building strong relationships with their clients by providing a consistently high level of service,’ Patrick said.
‘They have also demonstrated their ability to work closely with their colleagues to help them achieve their goals. They personify our purpose to make a difference.’
‘We are proud to celebrate this significant personal and career achievement with each of them.’
Maddocks has also announced the promotion of nine special counsel and 15 senior associates from 1 July.
The new special counsel are:
- Adrian Wong (Employment, Safety and People, Melbourne)
- Amanda Jones (Corporate and Commercial, Melbourne)
- Clare Batrouney (Property, Melbourne)
- Jasmin Barker-Mitchell (Public Law, Canberra)
- Jessica Reid (Corporate and Commercial, Melbourne)
- Michelle McCorkell (Corporate and Commercial, Melbourne)
- Paul Ellis (Corporate and Commercial, Melbourne)
- Sam Kingston (Corporate and Commercial, Melbourne)
- Sonia Sharma (Corporate and Commercial, Sydney)
The new senior associates are:
- Anna Smith (Employment, Safety and People, Sydney)
- Christopher Charalambous (Employment, Safety and People, Melbourne)
- Dale McQualter (Employment, Safety and People, Melbourne)
- Jack Evans (Corporate and Commercial, Sydney)
- Jonathon Meehan (Property, Melbourne)
- Kate Latta (Corporate and Commercial, Melbourne)
- Kristin Richardson (Public Law, Melbourne)
- Melissa Jeremiah (Corporate and Commercial, Melbourne)
- Royce Saheed (Corporate and Commercial, Sydney)
- Sarah DeCeglie (Public Law, Sydney)
- Simone Jackson (Public Law, Melbourne)
- Stephen D’Arcy (Dispute Resolution and Litigation, Melbourne)
- Tamsin Webster (Employment, Safety and People, Melbourne)
- Tom Pasco (Development, Melbourne)
- Victoria Wachniewski (Public Law, Canberra)
Maddocks is an independent Australian law firm that works closely with corporations, businesses and governments throughout Australia and internationally. We advise national and international clients across the built environment, education, government, healthcare and technology sectors, from our Canberra, Melbourne and Sydney offices.
For more information, or to arrange an interview, please contact:
Tel: 3 9258 3509
Mobile: 0407 618 058
Maddocks advises eCommerce company on sale to Amazon
Maddocks has advised the shareholders of Australian eCommerce platform Selz.com Pty Ltd on its sale to Amazon.
Maddocks advises Revasum on latest capital raising
Maddocks has assisted US-based tech company Revasum on its A$7.9 million capital raising.
Maddocks continues to grow with appointment of two partners
Maddocks has appointed Ilan Kraus and Cameron Thomson as partners of the firm.
Maddocks advises on eCommerce IPO
We have advised Australian eCommerce company MyDeal.com.au Limited on its $40 million IPO and listing on the ASX