Maddocks In Situ
Maddocks in Situ is a service provided to local government by our leading employment and industrial relations team.
What is it?
The Maddocks Employment, Safety and People team is pleased to launch an innovative offering for Victorian local government clients. We know that early legal advice on an issue can often prevent the problem becoming more serious, saving significant time and costs.
To assist clients to efficiently manage employment issues, we've developed Maddocks In Situ - 'a clinic at your place' program that involves senior Maddocks Employment partner Ross Jackson attending your offices to brainstorm solutions and strategise for whatever live issues your staff need to manage.
How does Maddocks In Situ work?
Maddocks In Situ provides an opportunity for councils to purchase packages of either half or full days. Ross will then attend your office on multiple days throughout the year, according to the package you have purchased, at a time that's convenient for you. His time spent at your offices can be used in a number of different ways. Some examples you may select include:
- A 'clinic' with the HR team: share live fact scenarios and strategise for effective management.
- Meetings with Executive Management Team or its equivalent to discuss employment decisions or issues with the benefit of Ross' experience.
- Review of contracts and policies to ensure they are up-to-date.
- A team update on topical employment issues or legislative changes and how these will apply to your council.
- Use our experience to brainstorm the 'big ticket' item you never seem to get the time to strategise.
Following each session, Ross will circulate a summary report, detailing the key themes discussed and any required actions.
What are the benefits?
Maddocks In Situ offers numerous benefits to councils including:
- Ross comes to you, no matter how remote from Melbourne, at no cost to council.
- Early identification of potential issues.
- Expert legal advice provided early in a matter, which can prevent the issue becoming time consuming and costly.
- Council's entire HR team will develop deep, trusted advisor relationships with one of our most senior, experienced lawyers. You will benefit from having ongoing, face to face access with Ross. Your teams skills will deepen and enable Council to do more with less in future.
- We will develop an even more intimate understanding of your council's operations, saving time and money with future matters.
We provide two introductory packages, both offering outstanding value for money and represent a significant discount from our equivalent local government hourly rates. Please contact us to discuss the pricing of our introductory packages.
- Travel time to and from Council will not be charged, no matter where you are.
- Invoicing can be pre or post 30 June and payment terms are flexible. For example, an up front payment can be made prior to 30 June or staggered over a period of time.
- We work with you to identify suitable times and dates for when we are in your region.
To take up Maddocks In Situ, or to have a discussion about how it would assist your Council, please fill out the online enquiry form on this page.