Technology Procurement Handbook
The Technology Procurement Handbook is intended for any customer proposing to engage a vendor to provide technology related products and/or services.
We hope that it will assist customers by:
- Providing a quick reference checklist: a user-friendly checklist to assist lawyers and project managers to better review and assess contractual arrangements associated with technology procurement.
- Identifying critical success factors: elements of the technology procurement process that are essential for better management of technology procurement.
- Identifying common pitfalls: mistakes and failures which lead to the mismanagement and poor implementation of technology projects.
- Providing risk mitigation strategies: clear guidance and strategies for mitigating the risks and potential losses associated with the implementation of technology projects.
The Technology Procurement Handbook is divided into seven chapters. Each chapter is designed to operate as a stand-alone document or can be read together with the other chapters.
- Pre-Contractual Considerations: an essential ‘dos and don’ts’ checklist of issues to consider before engaging a vendor to supply technology products and/or services to a customer.
- Technology Contract Review Play Book: a detailed, clause-by-clause examination designed for use by both lawyers and commercial contract managers when reviewing terms and conditions of supply proposed by vendors.
- Service Levels: service levels are commonly used in technology contracting, but are often misunderstood. This chapter dissects service levels and includes handy hints and commentary.
- Exclusion Clauses: a detailed examination of the variety of contractual risk allocation ‘tools’ or clauses available to drafters and negotiators of complex technology contracts..
- Indemnities Revisited: this concise chapter unpicks the key issues to consider when reviewing and drafting indemnities for technology contracts.
- Procurement Best Practice: a concise exploration of the key practical and structural aspects of technology procurement.
- Technology Cases: learn from the mistakes of others. This chapter features high-level summaries of the key cases in technology contracting, outlining key lessons for Customers in each case.
Submit your details to request a copy of the Handbook
Lifting the Bar 2022: Victorian Edition
Leading female senior counsel...
2021 In Review: Australian Competition & Consumer Commission
A look at how the ACCC performed against its 2021 enforcement priorities and the implications for sectors in 2022.
Year in Review: Employment, Safety & People
The Employment & Workplace team summarise the most important employment, safety & industrial relations law cases of 2021
2020 In Review: Australian Competition & Consumer Commission
In Review take a look at the ACCC’s leading cases and activities in 2020