Tuesday 25 June 2019
Jessica is a special counsel in the firm’s Consumer Markets & Franchising team in Melbourne. She has a general commercial and M&A practice, with particular expertise in competition law and franchising regulation. Her clients include emerging and established franchisors, manufacturers, distributors and retailers, as well as leading Australian and international brands in the fashion, beauty services, FMCG, automotive, finance and leisure sectors.
Katherine is a special counsel in the Public Law team in Canberra. Katherine advises Commonwealth Government clients on major procurements and funding agreement programs, including on probity issues and compliance. She also has a strong interest and practice in information law, particularly in the areas of privacy and data protection.
Maddocks CEO Michelle Dixon congratulated Jessica and Katherine on achieving this significant career milestone.
‘Jessica and Katherine have both played instrumental roles in helping grow their teams by building strong relationships with clients and providing leadership within their teams,’ Michelle said.
‘I am particularly pleased to see the continuing growth in our Canberra office, where Katherine is the fifth new partner we have added to that office in the past two years.’
These latest additions to the partnership come a few months after the appointment of Ben Miller and Danielle Funston as partners. The promotion of Jessica and Katherine means the firm will have 83 partners on 1 July.
Maddocks has also announced today the promotion of senior lawyers across the firm, including the promotion of 5 new special counsel, 8 senior associates and 17 associates.
The firm will also have a new Chairman with the appointment of Mark Henry. Mark will begin in the role on 1 July, following the conclusion of Patrick Ibbotson’s term on 30 June.
Quotes from our new partners
Jessica Reid: ‘It is wonderful to become part of an Australian partnership with such clear vision and values. I am looking forward to continuing to build our Consumer Markets & Franchising practice by working closely with my colleagues and clients.‘
Katherine Armytage: ‘I see being made a partner at Maddocks as an incredible opportunity to be a part of our continued growth here in Canberra. I’ve been building my privacy and data security practice over the past few years, and am now excited to be “front and centre” for this work and have the opportunity to take my practice to the next level. I’m also very grateful to have had fantastic support and guidance from Maddocks throughout my journey to partnership, particularly from partners Caroline Atkins and Simonetta Astolfi, who have been amazing role models and mentors in successfully combining family responsibilities with a rewarding career.’
Full list of promotions
- Jessica Reid (Commercial)
- Katherine Armytage (Public Law)
- Andrew Wright (Commercial)
- Ben Mcleod (Construction and Projects)
- Briana Eastaugh (Public Law)
- Katherine Styles (Dispute Resolution and Litigation)
- Lindsay Sheather (Property)
- Billy Gialamas (Construction and Projects)
- Catharine Thorpe (Public Law)
- Kierra Parker (Public Law)
- Libby Sivell (Public Law)
- Michael Copeland (Construction and Projects)
- Natalie Burgess (Construction and Projects)
- Sarah Aldersley (Commercial)
- Suzette Caldaroni (Commercial)
- Alex Musgrove (Commercial)
- Alex Yorston (Development)
- Ali Gallaher (Employment, Safety and People)
- Belinda Chapman (Public Law)
- David Litwin (Public Law)
- Frances Bradshaw (Public Law)
- Harriet Royle (Commercial)
- Jeremy Baker (Development)
- Jonathan Hourigan (Property)
- Luisa Cursio (Development)
- Maddison Hardiman (Commercial)
- Rafael Perez (Commercial)
- Sharee Darwinkel (Commercial)
- Samantha Haddon (Public Law)
- Samantha Murphy (Public Law)
- Stanley Yu (Commercial)
- Xinyu Zhang (Commercial)
Maddocks is a proudly independent Australian law firm that works closely with corporations, businesses and governments throughout Australia and internationally. We advise national and international clients across the built environment, education, government, healthcare and technology sectors, from our Canberra, Melbourne and Sydney offices. Our specialist expertise includes dispute resolution and litigation, employment and safety, financial services, franchising and insolvency.
For more information:
Tel: 3 9258 3509
Mobile: 0407 618 058