Aaron is a corporate and commercial lawyer, specialising in healthcare. He works with a diverse range of clients across the healthcare, aged care and medical technology sectors.
Aaron regularly acts for public, private and not-for-profit health care providers, private health insurers, pharmaceutical and medical device companies, aged care and community care providers, and health regulatory bodies. He has advised on a number of complex, innovative transactions for buyers, sellers and developers of healthcare assets. His expertise extends to mergers and acquisitions, corporations law, commercial contracting (including outsourcing of management and services), strategic procurement, healthcare regulation, privacy and data protection.
Aaron was recently selected by his peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers© 2018 in the field of Health & Aged Care. Aaron has been acknowledged as a leading lawyer in Best Lawyers since 2013.
Prior to joining Maddocks in July 2013, Aaron was a senior associate with Ashurst.
- mergers and acquisitions
- corporations and securities law
- commercial contracting
- healthcare regulation and compliance
- privacy and data protection.
- Hunter Valley Private Hospital – acting for the shareholders on the sale of Hunter Valley Private Hospital to Healthscope Limited (ASX:HSO).
- Adventist Healthcare Limited – advising on the sale of San Pathology to Sonic Healthcare Limited and contracting for the long term provision of pathology services to Sydney Adventist Hospital.
- Pulse Health Limited – advising on the acquisition of The Hills Clinic, North Mackay Private Hospital and the sale of North Coast Community Care.
- Silver Chain Nursing Association Incorporated and Royal District Nursing Association of SA Incorporated – acting for Silver Chain and RDNS SA on their merger, establishing the largest community nursing and home care provider in Australia.
- Pulse Health Limited – advising on the development and long-term lease of the Gold Coast Surgical Hospital.
- Hirmaa (Health Insurance Restricted Membership Association of Australia) – advising in relation to the transition of prudential supervision of private health insurers from PHIAC to APRA pursuant to the Private Health Insurance (Prudential Supervision) Act 2015 (Cth).
- Aaron is recognised in the Australian Financial Review’s Best Lawyers in the categories of Health and Aged Care Law from 2013 – 2018.