Adrian is a Special Counsel in the Employment, Safety and People team in Melbourne.
His practice involves acting for a range of private sector and public sector employers in all areas of workplace relations, with a particular focus on enterprise bargaining, employment and industrial litigation and transfer of business. His clients operate in a variety of industries and sectors, including financial services, security, transport, construction and State and Commonwealth government.
Adrian has over 12 years’ experience working in the area of employment law. In 2014, he completed a Masters of Labour Relations Law at the University of Melbourne.
He regularly presents to clients at CLE sessions and external seminars on a range of topics, as well as conducting workplace training.
Adrian was listed by Doyle’s Guide 2018 as a Rising Star for Employment, Australia.
Prior to working at Maddocks, Adrian practised at Norton Rose Fulbright Australia.
- Employment law
- Industrial relations law
- Workplace investigations
- Anti-discrimination law
- Assisting both private sector and State public sector clients during enterprise bargaining disputes, including providing strategic advice to clients in relation to good faith bargaining and protected industrial action.
- Representing an ASX listed financial services business in restraint of trade litigation in the Supreme Court of Victoria.
- Acting for the State of Victoria various employment disputes and Court proceedings.
- Providing employment advice on M&A transactions, including in relation to the transfer of industrial instruments and the treatment of employment entitlements.
- Acting for a number of Commonwealth government employers in unfair dismissal, General Protections and discriminations proceedings.
- Advising franchisor / consumer market clients regarding the new ‘Franchisor Liability’ laws under the Fair Work Act 2009.