Alicia has worked in the construction, engineering and infrastructure field since 2004 and has had the opportunity to work on a wide variety of construction and infrastructure matters – both contentious and non-contentious.
- Contract negotiation and drafting – construction contracts (including traditional contracting, design and construct, EPC, EPCM and alliance agreements), subcontracts, professional agreements and security documents.
- Contract administration – advising during the progress of the project on interpretation of the agreements, strategies for managing relationships and risk on the project, contractual correspondence and claims.
- Claims – drafting, managing and negotiating claims for time and cost under the construction contract.
- Litigation –statutory subcontractors charges, statutory claims for payment, adjudication, litigation and settlement.
- Procurement and contract suites – providing clients with suites of complementary contracts including explanatory summaries and interactive programs for use in major projects. The suites include works contracts, supply agreements, consultant’s agreements, purchase orders and operation and maintenance agreements.
- Toowoomba Second Range Crossing Project – advising the construction joint venture comprising Ferrovial and Acciona in its bid for this project, including negotiating departures to the Project Deed, the design and construction subcontract, the interface agreement and terms sheets for downstream agreements.
- East West Link PPP Project – advising a construction Joint Venture comprising Ferrovial, Samsung C&T and Ghella bidding for this $4 billion tunnel and road PPP Project. This included negotiating and drafting the design and construction contract, interface agreement, departures to the Project Agreement, consultancy agreements and full term sheets for all downstream subcontracts.
- Northern Beaches Hospital Project – advising the joint venture consisting of Adventist Health, Samsung C&T and Laing O’Rourke on the $550 million Northern Beaches Hospital Project.
- Melbourne Remand Centre – advising Bilfinger on the major expansion of the Melbourne Remand Centre, one of the facilities which forms part of the Victorian Correctional Facilities PPP Project.Melbourne Park Redevelopment – advising Major Projects Victoria on contractual matters regarding the planning for Stage 2 of the Melbourne Park Redevelopment.
- Newcastle Mater PPP Hospital – advising one of the bidders on the potential acquisition of 100 percent equity interest in the Newcastle Mater PPP Hospital.
- Melbourne Markets Relocation Project – advising Hansen Yuncken on the contract documentation for the Melbourne Markets Relocation Project – Warehousing.
- Leisure and Events Centre Project – advising Wyndham City Council on the Leisure and Events Centre Project – a major development project to construct a new pool and events centre in Wyndham.
- Community and Civic Centre Project – advising Brimbank City Council on a $50 million development of a major new community and civic centre.
- London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games – Athletes Village – advising Lendlease on the delivery of 2,818 units for athlete accommodation during the Olympic Games and as housing following the Olympic Games.
- Advising various Melbourne Councils on the insolvency of contractors on major road projects
- Downer EDI Mining – acting on mining construction disputes for major construction contracts in Hamilton, Victoria (mineral sands plant), Hunter Valley (coal handling and processing plant), two North Queensland projects (coal handling and processing plants), and New South Wales (blasting services at mine site).
- Patrick Corporation Limited – advising on a dispute regarding the construction of Wharfs 8 and 9 at the Port of Brisbane this included advising on insolvency, the termination of the construction contract, the payment of outstanding debts and injunctions against the contractor and suppliers.