With an emphasis on government and technology contracting and procurement, Andrew has been involved in numerous high profile, large scale commercial matters for all levels of government and the private sector.
Andrew brings a strategic, measured approach to managing and documenting clients’ commercial transactions, by establishing client objectives early and delivering ideal, practical outcomes.
Andrew acts for clients who are purchasing or developing complex computer solutions and software to achieve strategic and policy objectives. Andrew also advises health sector clients, including the Commonwealth Department of Health, on contracts and the application of the National Health Act 1953 (Cth). He has extensive experience advising public sector clients on all types of outsourcing arrangements and understands risk and risk mitigation strategies in Government contracts. Andrew helps clients take a practical approach to risk, where they can.
Australasian Lawyer listed Andrew as a Rising Star in March 2016.
- Contract law and drafting.
- Government tendering and procurement (including outsourcing arrangements).
- Information technology and intellectual property.
- Strategic advice to government.
- Commonwealth Department of Health:
- drafting and negotiating the National Diabetes Services Scheme Agreement with Diabetes Australia to facilitate the supply of subsidised products and services to more than one million people with diabetes
- advising on changes to the Community Service Obligation (CSO) funding arrangements with pharmaceutical wholesalers to facilitate CSO supply of NDSS products
- drafting and negotiating the Sixth Community Pharmacy Agreement. This Agreement provides the community pharmacy and wholesaler remuneration under the PBS from 1 July 2015 to 30 June 2020.
- Public Transport Victoria – preparing the contract for the supply, implementation and support of PTV’s new Network Planning and Scheduling System.
- Department of Justice and Regulation:
- advising and preparing the contract for the State’s acquisition of the new Victorian Infringement, Enforcement and Warrants System
- advising and preparing contracts relating to the acquisition, installation and maintenance of fixed road safety technology (speed camera) systems in Victoria
- advising on the renewal and renegotiation of software support and development arrangements of the State’s integrated courts management system.
- Department of Communications and the Arts – advising on the procurement processes for the new National Relay Services and associated Outreach Services tender valued at more than $160 million.
- Australian National Audit Office – advising on its contract for the supply, implementation, hosting and support of a human resources information system.
- Australian Tax Office – advising on the agency’s engagement of a national electronic security services provider. Andrew had key responsibility for preparation of the contract and day-to-day communication with the client during contract preparation and negotiations.
- Mahi Technologies – advising on Mahi’s licence and services agreements for its foreign exchange pricing platform.
- HPS Pharmacies – advising on its contracts for the supply of pharmacy services on site at various hospitals across Australia.
- Boroondara City Council, Mildura Rural City Council, Casey City Council, Port Phillip City Council, Warrnambool City Council, Glenelg Shire Council and Kingston City Council – Andrew regularly advises councils with respect to their procurement and implementation of complex, high value and business critical local government specific software and systems, including for the implementation and support of managed networks and rating, asset management, human resources, business information storage and community care software.
- Ballarat City Council, Baw Baw Shire Council, Boroondara City Council, Mildura Rural City Council and Wyndham City Council – advising Victorian councils on the management and upgrade of their key municipal infrastructure including leisure facilities, sale yards and airports.
- Mitchell Shire Council and Boroondara City Council – advising in the delivery of community care and preparing a number of contracts for the outsourcing and delivery of community care services for councils.