Angela has specialist experience in the health, pharmaceutical and medical devices, aged care and retirement village sectors. She also advises in the disability, community services and education sectors. Her clients include a range of public, private and not-for-profit health and aged care providers throughout Australia.
Angela has acted on numerous negotiated mergers and acquisitions as well as advising on corporate governance, regulatory compliance, privacy, contracting and outsourcing of services and risk management.
Angela is currently a committee member of Northern Sydney Local Health District Human Research Ethics Committee. Before practising law, Angela had experience in the health and community services sector as a practising psychologist.
Before joining Maddocks in August 2012, Angela was a Senior Associate with Ashurst.
- Regulatory advice and compliance
- Commercial contracts and outsourcing
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate governance
- KinCare – acquisition of Stanhope and Private Care home care services business from Healthcare Australia
- Regis Group – acquisition of aged care facilities across Australia
- Uniting Care Ageing – advising on permitted uses of accommodation bonds arising under changes to the prudential requirements concerning the use of accommodation bonds under the Aged Care Amendments Act 2011 (Cth)
- Uniting Care Ageing – developing policies and accompanying training packages for staff on health privacy, capacity and consent and aged care regulatory compliance
- University of New England – advising on and developing terms for the development of dual sector courses with a TAFE NSW provider
- Think: Colleges Pty Ltd – advising on the availability of VET FEE Help for training courses
- Angela is ranked in the Australian Financial Review’s Best Lawyers in the categories of Health and Aged Care Law from 2013 – 2018 and Retirement Villages and Senior Living Law from 2017 – 2018.
- Angela is recognised by Chambers Asia Pacific 2016 for Corporate/M&A.