Chong Ming holds more than 20 years’ experience in corporate and commercial law, including commercial contracts, mergers and acquisitions, disposals and joint ventures, capital markets transactions, due diligence exercises for both corporations and statutory bodies, corporate structures, asset protection and shareholder and option arrangements.
He spent 10 years working as an in-house lawyer at a major listed Malaysian financial services groups where he advised on wide-ranging banking, securities broking, and property investment and development transactions. He successfully applies this in-house experience in assisting both Australian and overseas clients on complex cross-border transactions involving jurisdictions such as Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong and Malaysia.
- Commercial law
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Capital market transactions
- Complex cross-border transactions
- Advised Austral-Asia Coal Holdings Pty Ltd (part of the Singapore-headquartered IMC Group) on the acquisition and subsequent disposal of a mining interest in the Ashton Coal Mine in New South Wales.
- Advised TA Enterprise Berhad and TA Global Berhad, both listed on the Malaysian stock exchange with interests in real estate and financial services, on the purchase of the Westin Hotel in Melbourne and on a development with Charter Hall in respect of property at Little Bay in Sydney.
- Advised Seniors Money International Limited, the New Zealand-based specialist financial services group, on the successful takeover bid of Australian Seniors Finance Limited.
- Advised Pacific Alliance Ltd, an investment firm with an office in Hong Kong on its subscription of bonds in companies listed on ASX Limited.
- Advised Malaysian banks Ambank Berhad and RHB Bank Berhad in connection with loan facilities.
- Advised LB Aluminium Berhad, listed on the Malaysian stock exchange on its acquisition of shares in an IT company in Australia.
- Advised King’s Safetywear, a Navis Capital investee, on its acquisition of shares in Oliver Footwear.
- Advised CostaExchange Limited, a major fruit and vegetable producer and marketer, on various corporate and transactional matters within the group.