Chris practises in the areas of land valuation, compulsory acquisition and local government rating. Acting for state and local government clients, as well as private clients, he has more than fifteen years’ experience in land valuation disputes. He is particularly well-known for his work with local government in land valuation and for a wider range of clients in compulsory acquisition and compensation.
Chris was formerly a Principal Solicitor with the Department of Sustainability and Environment where he carried out litigation and law reform projects for the Valuer-General and Registrar of Titles. He works primarily in compulsory acquisition and compensation, land valuation and local government rates and finances.
- Land valuation
- Special rate and charge schemes
- Land classification (differential rating)
- Compulsory acquisition and compensation
- Local government rates and finances
- Administrative law
- Valuer-General of Victoria and local government – advice regarding the Valuation of Land Act 1960 and related legislation.
- Registrar of Titles – proving land law advice, including the Transfer of Land Act 1958, statutory claims against the Registrar and practices and procedures of Land Registry.
- Conducting various land valuation matters in the Supreme Court and VCAT.