Danielle advises on secured and unsecured recoveries and general disputes. She has extensive experience advising corporations, lenders and insolvency practitioners on recoveries, liquidations, corporate restructuring and general corporate transactions and has particular expertise in the area of managed investment schemes.
She advises clients across a wide range of industries, including construction, real estate, aviation and the agricultural industry and has particular experience in the automotive industry having assisted her clients with commercial disputes, personal property securities register and regulatory issues. Danielle has also been involved in a number of cross border transactions, primarily between the United States and Hong Kong.
Danielle is an experienced litigator, having been involved in a number of complex and sensitive matters and is an advocate for alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and negotiation.
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Corporate & Commercial
- Dispute Resolution & Litigation
- Acting for an automotive client advising on counter-party insolvency issues, attending meditations and advising on a wide range of PPSR and regulatory issues.
- Acting for the administrators and liquidators appointed to Jamie Oliver Restaurant Group (Australia) Pty Limited (In Liquidation).
- Acting for Receivers appointed to various rural properties and mines, operated by companies associated with a well-known Australian mining magnate.
- Acting for a global investment bank on the restructure of Emeco Holdings Limited and merger with Orionstone and Andy’s Earthmovers, including advising on the banks provision of an A$65 million senior facility and its super senior creditor position in the post-restructure group.
- Advising one of the big four banks on its position on a restructure of a global commodity trader Noble Group and acting on a facility variation.
- Acting for the liquidator in the successful remuneration decision of Black J in ldylic Solutions Pty Limited (In Liquidation) 2016.
- Acting on behalf of the liquidators of Trio Capital Limited (in Liquidation) (Trio), Australia’s largest superannuation fraud. Trio was the responsible entity for 25 registered Managed Investment Schemes (MISs) and three unregistered MISs, and the trustee of five superannuation funds. Impaired assets contained in the funds were over A$420 million. The matter received significant press interest as it involved at least A$120 million of investor funds being dissipated through a series of opaque structures into hedge funds in numerous offshore locations in the Caribbean.
- Acting for liquidators, appointed by ASIC to administer the winding up of numerous unregistered management investment schemes, including the Super Save Superannuation Scheme and the Integrity Plus Unit Trust. The schemes had received over US$100 million of investor funds. The liquidation was complex as funds were kept in the accounts of about 800 investors both in Australia and overseas.
- Acting on behalf of the trustees appointed to the bankrupt estate of Eddy Groves, including instructing on public examination and pursuing recovery actions.
- Acting for the Receivers appointed to airline, Brindabella Airlines, including the negotiation and completion of aircraft sales.