David has significant experience across all aspects of real estate law, having acted on a broad range of large and complex transactions for listed and private companies, listed and unlisted property trusts, statutory authorities and financiers for many years.
He brings an in-depth understanding of the imperatives facing each of the parties in real estate transactions derived from ‘hands on’ experience acting for developers, purchasers, vendors, landlords, tenants and financiers.
David makes it his business to understand each client’s particular needs and imperatives, applying a commercial and solution-driven approach to deliver successful outcomes.
David has been ranked in the Australian Financial Review’s Best Lawyers in the category of Real Property Law from 2016 – 2018.
David has been ranked in the Legal 500 Asia Pacific category of Real Estate in 2018.
- Real estate development projects from conception to completion across all real estate sectors, including retail, commercial office, industrial, residential and mixed use
- Real estate acquisitions and disposals, due diligence and development structuring
- Agreement for lease and lease transactions and advice for developers, landlords and tenants, including shopping centre developments and anchor tenancies
- Real estate ownership structuring and advice, including joint venture and co-ownership arrangements
- Advising Watpac Limited group companies on The Luxton and Rue de Chapel mixed use residential and commercial developments in Prahran, Victoria.
- Acting for Coles Group companies on shopping centre and development site acquisitions and disposals, agreements for lease and leases for supermarkets, other stores and distribution centres, portfolio lease advice, redevelopment proposals and retail tenancy law issues.
- Acting for various funds managed by Charter Hall Group in relation to numerous office, industrial and retail property acquisitions, disposals and leasing, including due diligence, development, co-ownership and joint venture arrangements.
- Assisting Parklea Pty Ltd and other developer clients with the development of new neighbourhood shopping centres at Officer, Victoria, including the negotiation of major retail tenancies.
- Acting for LinksLiving Limited and its joint venture partners in relation to the development of golf course residential estates at Sandhurst and Geelong, Victoria.