With an emphasis on commercial litigation and insurance, David has been involved in many high profile, large scale litigation matters. He brings a strategic, no-nonsense approach to managing and resolving clients’ commercial issues and disputes, by establishing early clarity around client objectives and taking steps designed to deliver optimal practical outcomes.
In his professional career, David has been involved with a wide range of high profile, large-scale corporate, contract and tort litigation claims. David’s major disputes experience includes acting for major corporations in civil suits against former directors, international commercial disputes and complex litigation against major banks arising from third party frauds.
- Corporate and commercial litigation
- Major torts litigation
- Insurance litigation
- Class actions
- Mediation and alternative dispute resolution
- Major injury claims
- Commissions and inquiries
- Acting for major corporates in civil suits against former directors, international commercial disputes and complex litigation against major banks arising from third party frauds.
- Playing a key negotiation and litigation role in relation to issues arising from the McCabe tobacco litigation.
- Playing a key role in the development of the compulsory insurance scheme for the Victorian building industry.
- Defence of 800 residents’ group action claims in negligence and nuisance arising from landfill gas migration from a closed landfill.
- Acting for defendants in class action arising from the Westpoint collapse.
- Ombudsman inquiry into major landfill gas incident.
- Acting for the insurer of a German bicycle designer in a major product liability/personal injury claim.
David is ranked in the Australian Financial Review’s Best Lawyers in the category of Litigation in 2018.
David was ranked by the 2010 member survey of the Australian Corporate Lawyers Association as one of Australia’s ” ‘A’ team of great Lawyers.”
He was described in the survey as a: “Superb litigator, strategist and negotiator, as well as being very personable and client focused.”
David has been closely involved with the development of legal services in the Asian region and is a founding member of the ADVOC Asia Board.
He has also acted as consultant to the World Bank and AusAID on legal development issues in this region.