Elise’s practice focuses on the areas of telecommunications and technology. She advises on all aspects of the Telecommunications Act and related instruments and has experience advising clients in the telecommunications sector on Part XIB and XIC of the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as on Part IV of the Competition and Consumer Act and the Australian Consumer Law.
She has a depth of expertise in telecommunications regulatory and competition and consumer issues and has coordinated large institutional responses to investigations by the ACCC and the ACMA. She also has experience advising on applications for Ministerial exemptions, enforceable undertakings and legislative reform across a broad range of issues impacting the telecommunications and media industries, from radio-communications reform proposals, net neutrality regulation and data protection.
Elise’s experience also includes advising vendors on significant federal government tenders for procurement of technology and telecommunications industry services; drafting and negotiating complex data transactions; sponsorship arrangements; and advising on all aspects of e-marketing and content issues.
- Telstra – advising on Telstra’s Structural Separation Undertaking and Migration Plan, from its drafting through to conduct of internal investigations and creation and maintenance of a robust internal compliance framework. Elise advised on the ACCC-commissioned independent audit of
- Telstra’s information systems remediation program of work and coordinated responses to numerous formal and informal information requests by the Commission on Telstra’s compliance with competition and consumer law.
- Telstra – advising on the successful s50 merger clearance for acquisition of True Local by Sensis.
- Telstra – advising Telstra Energy on its application for registration as a semi-scheduled generator to operate one of Telstra’s renewable energy sites.
- Telstra – advising on complex commercial transactions for the provision of telecommunications and technology services, including advising on the continued implementation of Telstra’s Definitive Agreements with nbn Co through significant issues, including through nbn’s cease sale of HFC services, and responding to tenders for build, operate and transfer of workforce management operations for a large federal government agency.
- Telstra – commercial arrangements for the exchange of mission critical customer and location data.
- Telstra – advising and drafting submissions on various telecommunications and radio-communications legislative and regulatory reform proposals.
- Telstra – successful merger clearance for acquisition of True Local by Sensis.
Virgin – advising on privacy, spam and do not call aspects of marketing campaigns and commercial arrangements, including representing clients in ACMA investigations and in the negotiation of enforceable undertakings.
- AGL, ed.au and Virgin Blue – conducting privacy law compliance assessments, SPAM compliance investigations by ACMA and developing and presenting corporate privacy compliance training programs for various clients, including in the education, energy and airline sectors.
- CBA – drafting and advising on large scale IT outsourcing arrangements, and early negotiations with technology partners for a mobile payments platform.
- Music Industry and Foxtel – significant copyright infringement litigation experience.
- Vodafone and other technology and media clients – drafting and negotiating various commercial agreements, including software licences, sponsorship agreements and mobile content agreements.