Fiona is a commercial lawyer with more than 20 years’ experience providing advice to businesses in the consumer markets sector, including manufacturers, retailers, franchisors and service providers.
Fiona is highly regarded for her technical legal expertise and her understanding of the commercial context.
Fiona’s clients include the owners of major brands within the consumer goods, fashion, professional services, real estate, grocery, food and restaurant industries.
Fiona’s expertise covers commercial contracting, legal and regulatory compliance, and business transactions, including:
- drafting, negotiating and advising on a wide range of business contracts, including supply contracts, trading terms, alliance arrangements, joint ventures, contract manufacturing agreements, transport, warehousing and logistics agreements, distribution arrangements, confidentiality agreements and intellectual property licences
- specialised franchise documentation and advice, including master franchise agreements, unit franchise agreements, disclosure documents and compliance with the Franchising Code of Conduct
- competition law advice, including on price controls and restrictions, exclusive dealing, tied supply arrangements and customer and supplier restrictions
- consumer protection law advice, including on advertising and marketing, selling policies and techniques and consumer warranties
- intellectual property exploitation, protection and enforcement
- advising on network growth and expansion through different business models
- legal and regulatory compliance and risk assessment, compliance programs and compliance training.
- Advising a national book retailer on various matters relevant to its store network, including the application of the Australian Consumer Laws to in-store advertising and selling.
- Advising leading global provider of fresh food for households on contact arrangements with raw product suppliers, including drafting standard supply contract terms.
- Providing legal compliance review for a global health and hygiene group, for its Australian-run trade promotions and product advertising and marketing.
- Advising a global tyre manufacturer on establishment and rollout of its tyre dealer store model in Australia.
Directories and awards
Fiona is listed in:
- The Australian Financial Review’s Best Lawyers in the category of Franchise Law, 2013-2018 editions
- International Who’s Who of Franchise Lawyers, 2016-2017.