Geoff Musgrove is a partner in the Maddocks Commercial team. His principal areas of practice are private client services, succession planning, commercial contracts, mergers, acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, intellectual property, corporate law, business restructuring, insolvency, franchising and information technology law. Geoff is a former chairman of Maddocks (2011-2013).
Geoff acts for a wide range of commercial, government, accounting, manufacturing, professional and rural industry clients. He advises them on contract negotiations, acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, partnerships, shareholder disputes, business succession planning and personal succession planning, wills and estates, superannuation, company and trust formations, reconstructions, insolvency, asset protection strategies, amalgamations, commercial litigation, computer contracts, franchise agreements, intellectual property, commercial property transactions and tax planning.
Geoff has also been involved in the establishment of ADVOC Asia, a consortium of Asian-based law firms. Geoff provides advice to our clients forming business relationships in the Asian region and to overseas clients doing business in Australia. Geoff is ranked in the Australian Financial Review’s Best Lawyers in the categories of Commercial Law and Corporate/Governance Practice in 2018.
- Succession planning
- Joint ventures
- Property transactions
- Companies and trusts
- Shareholder agreements and disputes
- Devising succession plans for high net worth families.
- Devising partnership and success structures for families in respect of family held assets or businesses.
- Drafting wills and testamentary trusts and powers of attorney.
- Advising and drafting deeds of family arrangement.
- Advising on a large coal joint venture for an Asian client.
- Drafting joint ventures and licence agreements.
- Advising on the disposal of businesses in the middle market.
- Advising on commercial arbitration for a major property development.
Companies and trusts
- Drafting constitutions.
- Drafting trust deeds.
- Advising on the formation of companies and trusts.
- Advising on corporate restructures.
Shareholder agreements and disputes
- Advising on shareholder disputes.
- Advising on the conduct of board meetings and reviews of company institutions.
- Drafting shareholder agreements and partnership agreements.
- Drafting franchising agreements and advice on the establishment of franchise systems.
- Advising on franchising disputes and attendances at franchise mediations.
- Advising an indigenous community in connection with its Native Title Claim and Aboriginal Heritage issues.