Gina is an experienced commercial litigation lawyer with a particular passion for sports law. She has worked on a number of high profile commercial matters and has extensive experience in managing significant litigation. Gina has a strong commercial focus and regularly uses alternative dispute resolution techniques to achieve positive outcomes for her clients.
Gina’s areas of expertise include:
- Contractual disputes
- Regulatory disputes
- Corporations litigation
- Property related litigation
- Constitutional and administrative law litigation
- Acting for Peninsula Kingswood Country Golf Club in successfully defending proceedings in both the Supreme Court of Victoria Trial Division and the Court of Appeal commenced against it by a member alleging oppressive conduct in relation to the merger of 2 golf clubs.
- Acting for Stena Drilling (Australia) Pty Ltd in an investigation commenced by NOPSEMA into the deaths of workers on board a rig in August 2012, as well as the criminal prosecution commenced by NOPSEMA against Stena for breaches of the Offshore Petroleum Greenhouse Gas Storage Act (Cth).
- Acting for an electrical wholesaler in civil proceedings commenced against it by the ACCC for alleged cartel conduct in contravention of the Competition and Consumer Act.
- Acting for generic pharmaceutical companies in defending proceedings alleging breach of patents, and seeking declarations as to the invalidity of the patents in question.
- Defending an injunction application brought by a director of a family trust, seeking to restrain the sale of trust property. The matter also involved allegations of oppressive conduct and an alleged oral agreement restraining the disposition of the trust property.
- Acting for a sports governing body in relation to integrity related investigations and inquiries.
- Acting for an individual in proceedings against the Minister for Planning and the State of Victoria seeking equitable remedies as a result of the Minister’s decision to repeal a planning decision.
- Acting for Racing Victoria Ltd in Federal Court proceedings commenced by Sportsbet Pty Ltd seeking to invalidate the race fields and advertising provisions of the Gambling Regulation Act on constitutional grounds, and seeking to invalidate certain decisions of Racing Victoria in relation to its race fields approvals on administrative law grounds.
- Acting for Racing Victoria Ltd in Federal Court proceedings commenced by it seeking to prevent the RSPCA (Victoria) from reproducing Racing Victoria’s spring racing logo without its consent.
Gina has been ranked in the Australian Financial Review’s Best Lawyers in the category of Litigation from 2016 – 2018.
Gina has received recognition for her work within Dispute Resolution in the 2015/2016 edition of the Asia Pacific Legal 500.
Clients say Gina’s “professionalism, calmness and legal expertise is a great source of reassurance”.