A partner in our Property group since 1989, Guy has been involved in the acquisition, sale, development and leasing of CBD office buildings, retail shopping centres, hotels and tourism developments, industrial complexes, rural properties and ‘off the plan’ residential units.
In advising on these transactions, Guy has conducted due diligence processes on behalf of potential purchasers, and has co-ordinated multi-disciplinary teams covering all aspects of pre-purchase investigations.
His clients include institutions, government authorities, councils and corporate and individual investors. He acts for numerous foreign investors and advises them on the commercial and property aspects of their investments in Australia.
- Corporate and government real estate
- Large scale sales of acquisitions
- Property joint ventures and development agreements commercial and retail leasing
- Strategic corporate real estate decision making for corporate and government clients
- Ranked in the Australian Financial Review’s Best Lawyers in the category of Real Property Law from 2012 – 2018.
- Doyle’s Guide 2015, Guy has been recommended for Property.
- Guy has been recognised in the 2011 Legal 500 Asia Pacific citing that: Guy O’Connor is ‘committed; and provides clear and timely advice’. He was also recognised in the 2010 Legal 500 Asia Pacific citing that: Guy O’Connor is ‘highly responsive and practical’.
- Advising General Property Trust and Lend Lease in relation to the redevelopment of the Melbourne Central Shopping Centre.
- Advising Monash University in the redevelopment of Caulfield campus.
- Negotiating the acquisition and leasing of a Melbourne CBD commercial property for AustCorp Group Limited.
- Acquisition, strata subdivision, sale and leasing of a Melbourne CBD commercial property for Lend Lease.
- Negotiating heads of agreement, agreement for lease, lease and sub-lease for Cardinia Shire Council’s proposed civic office redevelopment.
- Acting for numerous corporate tenants in negotiating agreements for lease and leases for corporate head offices.
- Acting for the developer of the Radisson Flagstaff Gardens hotel in Melbourne
- Negotiating acquisition and leasing of various CBD and industrial investment properties for OFM Investment Group Ltd