James provides a broad range of commercial and administrative law advice to government departments and statutory authorities. He has drafted and negotiated many significant contracts for the purchase of products and services by government. James also regularly advises on procurement and contract management issues, statutory interpretation and compliance with legislation.
James’ experience over 19 years has allowed him to develop a keen understanding of what is important in large government projects. He enjoys finding strategic and practical solutions to issues in contract drafting, contract management and governance frameworks. He understands how to manage relationships between key stakeholders and how to co-ordinate multiple parties in purchasing decisions.
James regularly presents papers at industry conferences on topics including procurement, IT and communications contracts and managing contractual performance. He also conducts regular training sessions for his clients.
- Administrative law
- Contract law
- Government tendering and procurement
- Information Technology and Intellectual Property
- Acting for a number of Victoria’s emergency service organisations in the various Statewide Integrated Public Safety Communications Strategy (SIPSaCS) projects which include the $190 million Metropolitan Mobile Radio project, the $170 million Mobile Data Network project and the $120 million Emergency Alerting System project.
- Drafting and negotiating the contract for the provision of calltaking and dispatch services to Victoria’s emergency service organisations.
- Acting for a government body in a multimillion dollar project involving the access to and use of optic fibre cable (OFC) in Victoria that is owned by a government corporation and private companies.
- Drafting and negotiating a number of multimillion dollar contracts for the procurement by government organisations of significant items of technology including data warehouse and business intelligence technology, electronic document and records management systems and a system allowing instant recording and inquiry functions for various types of accidents and other incidents.
- Drafting and negotiating a large number of service level agreements for the provision of IP&T services, including for IP telephony, use of various items of software and systems and interfaces between systems.