Jasmin acts for and advises government and private sector clients in relation to litigation and dispute resolution, administrative law and investigations and inquiries.
Having started her career in-house in Commonwealth Government, Jasmin has a unique understanding of the sensitivities of litigation and dispute resolution in the Commonwealth context, and a deep understanding of the needs of her Commonwealth clients.
She represents her clients in merits and judicial review proceedings, public liability and professional indemnity claims, and Coronial Inquiries, provides administrative law advice and training, and conducts investigations including under the Public Interest Disclosure Act 2013.
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Administrative Law
- Investigations and Inquiries
- Comcover – representing the Commonwealth in over 30 public liability and professional indemnity claims brought against Commonwealth departments and agencies.
- Innovation and Science Australia – representing Innovation and Science Australia in Administrative Appeals Tribunal proceedings regarding the eligibility of registrations for the Research and Development Tax Incentive.
- Department of Education and Training – representing the Secretary in Administrative Appeal Tribunal matters brought against the Secretary under the Higher Education Support Act 2003.
- Department of Defence – representing the Department in a Coronial Inquiry.
- Department of Defence – advising the Department in relation to Redress of Grievance applications and referrals, including drafting decision documents.
- Department of Agriculture and Water Resources – representing the Department in Federal Court administrative law proceedings, where the applicant challenged a CDDA decision and payment made by the Department.
- Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet – conducting a significant discovery exercise involving over 600,000 documents within a very tight timeframe.
- Department of the Environment and Energy – conducting an analysis and review of State and Territory environmental legislation, regulations, programs and policy to identify gaps in State process for environmental assessments and approvals as compared to the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act). This exercise informed the drafting and negotiation of bilateral agreements between the Commonwealth and the States under the EPBC Act.
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs – conducting a comprehensive analysis and review of obligations imposed under a range of legislation, and devising high-level strategies to assist DVA to ensure that it was both complying with its legislative obligations, and could demonstrate that compliance.