Jessica has extensive experience providing commercial and strategic advice to clients operating in the consumer markets sector.
Her clients include emerging and established franchisors, manufacturers, distributors and retailers, who come to her for her efficient, timely, effective and commercial solutions. She acts for leading Australian and international brands in the fashion, beauty services, FMCG, automotive, finance and leisure sectors.
She also has specialist expertise in documenting development arrangements and assisting clients to navigate disputes and the introduction of new capital partners.
She values growing longstanding and trusted client relationships, and has particular expertise assisting them:
- With complex competition law advices and provision of compliance training, including in relation to pricing, restrictive trade practices and The Australian Consumer Law
- To select and execute various expansion models, including franchising, licencing and partnerships
- To document and establish land development arrangements
- With capital raisings, mergers and acquisitions and post deal structuring
- To negotiate and document joint ventures and partnership arrangements, whether internally or with third parties
- To protect and exploit their intellectual property including via licencing and sale arrangements
- To resolve and settle disputes, including with shareholders, JV partners, franchisees and suppliers.
- Hairhouse and Australian Skin Clinics – advising on all aspects of its franchised network, including Franchising Code compliance, network management and regulatory advice and training.
- Melbourne Finance Broking – acting in the roll up of a number of broking and aggregation businesses into the Platform Finance Group, and the sale of a controlling interest to Armidale Investment Corporation Limited, which involved a complex pre-completion restructure.
- Retail Drinks Australia – advising on the consolidation of numerous state based incorporated associations into a national representative company limited by guarantee, being Retail Drinks Australia Limited, including drafting Retail Drink’s constitution documents and advising on regulatory requirements.
- Satterley – advising on the negotiation and structuring of land development projects.
- Sunday Somewhere – acting for a high net worth individual in relation to the sale of the online eyewear business, Sunday Somewhere, to Mondottica UK.
- McDonald’s Australia – providing ongoing corporate advice on a range of commercial and regulatory matters, including compliance with the Franchising Code.
- Movenpick – acting for Emerald Foods Australia on its acquisition of the Movenpick franchise network in Australia, together with an update of its franchise agreement and disclosure document and ongoing advice in relation to Franchising Code compliance and strategic direction.
- NRMA – providing strategic and regulatory advice on various business models, including suggesting new models to meet the business’ objectives.
- Quest Serviced Apartments – advising on a range of franchising matters, including deal structuring and strategic advice, Franchising Code compliance and sale structure
- View.com.au– providing advice regarding corporate secretarial matters and competition law compliance and capital raisings