Karina has extensive experience advising banks, financial institutions, insolvency practitioners and corporate clients on a wide range of commercial matters, insolvency and restructuring issues. Karina has represented a number of major banks and financial institutions, insolvency practitioners, directors and shareholders, advising on a wide range of insolvency issues and as well as corporate and debt restructuring.
She has extensive experience advising clients generally on all aspects of loan and security structuring, recovery and enforcement.
Karina is an experienced litigator focused on practical and commercial outcomes. She has considerable involvement in resolving disputes through alternative dispute resolution processes, including both private and Court ordered mediation, conciliation and arbitration.
- Acting for receivers appointed over a spa/resort including the sale of various assets and land.
- Representing the interests of a group online foreign exchange account clients in an application brought by the liquidators of MF Global Australia Ltd (In Liquidation) for various directions including orders for pooling of assets in various client segregated accounts.
- Acting for a secured creditor in proceedings to wind up the operating entity of a shopping centre and defending misleading, deceptive and unconscionable conduct claims.
- Acting for banks in defending claims for sale or a corporation’s property at undervalue under s420A of the Corporations Act 2001.
- Acting for a major bank in respect of a fraud scheme orchestrated by a group of employees. Assisting in criminal prosecutions, freezing assets, tracing funds and enforcing judgments.
- Acting for a high net worth individual in a professional negligence claim against a major Australian accounting firm in respect of taxation advice provided regarding termination entitlements totalling US$180 million.