Lydia is an experienced corporate lawyer with broad expertise in corporate transactions and corporate advisory work, including corporate governance. She acts regularly for both listed and unlisted clients and has significant experience in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and corporate restructurings (particularly private equity transactions and cross-border M&A), venture capital and advising on corporate governance matters, as well as company regulation, commercial contracting, and franchising. Lydia also has experience advising financial services and FinTech clients on corporate governance and regulatory issues.
Lydia has significant experience acting on private equity transactions.
- Navis Capital Partners – advising Navis Capital Partners on its acquisition of the Software Combined Group, being a principal acquisition for Navis.
- Delnorth Holdings – advising the Delnorth stakeholders on their sale to CPE Capital's investment company, Jaybro Group.
- Jaybro Group – advising key founders on the sale of Jaybro Group by CPE Capital to Quadrant Private Equity.
- Quadrant Private Equity – advising Quadrant investment company, Partnered Health (formerly named Fullerton Health), on various transactions, including the acquisition of JobFit Systems International.
- Quadrant Growth Fund – advising Quadrant investment company, GRAYS, on the acquisition of Millard Machinery.
- Adamantem Capital – advising Adamantem Capital on the Australian aspects of its proposed sale or float of its Australian Hellers, Moira Mac’s and Canon Foods businesses, and providing day-to-day legal advice.
- Navis Capital Partners – advising Navis investment company, Device Technologies, on its investment into Oligo Medic.
- Milford Asset Management – advising Milford on the Australian aspects of its investment into Academy Xi.
Corporate transactions / Mergers & Acquisitions (including VC)
Acting for listed and unlisted clients in mergers, acquisitions, corporate restructurings and joint ventures of various sizes. Particular experience in cross-border M&A, and experience acting on venture capital transactions for both investors and companies.
- Mainstream Holdings – advising ASX-listed Mainstream Holdings (ASX:MAI) on its scheme of arrangement with APEX Group, which saw APEX Group fully acquire the equity interests in Mainstream Holdings for $415 million.
- PYBAR Holdings – advising the PYBAR stakeholders on the sale to ASX-listed Mastermyne Group (ASX:MYE) for $100 million.
- IMEXHS – advising ASX-listed IMEXHS (ASX:IME) on its acquisition of Colombian radiology services provider RIMAB SAS.
- Future PLC – advising Future on its acquisition of personal finance comparison business Mozo.
- RapidPay (Legal Financial Services/LEAP) – advising on the acquisition of BNPL fintech, QuickaPay.
- TixTrack Inc – advising TixTrack, a ticketing software solutions business on its joint venture with Michael Cassel Group (owned by TEG/Amplify, which is ultimately owned by Silver Lake Partners).
Advising numerous ASX 100 companies and financial services businesses in particular on corporate governance and other company compliance, regulatory, and day-to-day legal issues.
Financial services and FinTech
Acting for various financial services and FinTech clients in particular on corporate governance matters, capital raises, in transactions, and providing advice on legal and regulatory issues.
- Future PLC – advising on Future's acquisition of personal finance comparison business Mozo.
- RapidPay (Legal Financial Services/LEAP legal software) – advising on the acquisition of BNPL FinTech QuickaPay.
Commercial contracting and franchising
Broad commercial experience including franchising and retail.