Marelda has extensive experience in insolvency, banking recovery and restructuring work. She has advised on a wide range of bankruptcy, corporate insolvency, securities enforcement and commercial litigation.
She acts on behalf of insolvency practitioners, secured lenders, directors and creditors in providing advice on all aspects of external administrations, including asset realisation and court proceedings commenced as a result of a company’s insolvency. Marelda also acts on behalf of several banks and secured creditors in recovery of corporate and commercial debts.
Marelda has experience in advising clients from industries such as banking and finance, property and construction, manufacturing and retail. In recent times, she has acted in the liquidations of several large scale investment funds.
Marelda is recommended as an Insolvency and Reconstruction Lawyer in the 2016 Doyle’s Guide. She is also ranked in the Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2014-2016 and Best Lawyers 2013-2018 for Insolvency and Reorganisation. The IFLR 100 notes Marelda is: ‘Very thorough and very commercial, able to strike a good balance. Even the junior staff are good, which is a reflection of her.’
- Corporate insolvency
- Corporate restructuring
- Insolvency litigation
- Directors duties
- Securities enforcement
- Debt recovery
Some of Marelda’s recent matters include advising clients in connection with the following corporate insolvencies and bankruptcies:
- Banksia Securities Limited
- Australian Financial Services Limited
- Australian Property Custodian Holdings Limited
- Gordon Ramsay Australia Pty Ltd
- Hastie Group
- Allans Billy Hyde (Australian Music Group)
- Lehman Brothers Australia Ltd
- Forest Enterprises Australia
- Doyle’s Guide 2016, Marelda is recommended for Insolvency and Reconstruction.
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2014-2018, Marelda is recommended for Restructuring and Insolvency.
- Marelda is listed as a leading lawyer in the Asialaw Profiles 2016.
- Best Lawyers Australia 2013-2018, Marelda is recommended for Insolvency and Reorganisation law.