Michael has extensive experience acting for the private sector and government in all areas of property development including property acquisitions and disposals, property development projects, tender processes, leasing, property joint ventures, subdivisions and strategic corporate real estate decision making.
Michael has acted for some of the largest Victorian and Australian corporations and government departments including the Victorian Department of Infrastructure, Foster’s Group Limited, BP Australia Pty Ltd, Woolworths, Linfox, L’Oreal and the private operator of Melbourne Airport.
Michael was ranked in the Australian Financial Review’s Best Lawyers in the category of Real Property Law from 2016 – 2018.
- Infrastructure Projects
- Corporate & Government Development & Investments
- Acting for the Victorian Government in relation to the proposed Melbourne Convention Centre redevelopment project, including advising on all aspects of the tender process and evaluating, negotiating and documenting the separate commercial land development component of the transaction.
- Acted for Foster’s Group Limited in relation to the property aspects relating to the sale and listing of its hotel arm ALH and its hotels Australia wide.
- Acting for the Public Transport Corporation and Transport Ticketing Authority in relation to the establishment of the Automated Ticketing system, involving the outsourcing of responsibility for public transport ticket sales.
- Advising in relation to the tender process and selection of the successful tenderer, together with documenting the commercial arrangements applicable to the contract, for Bureau of Emergency Services Telecommunications in the establishment of a privately operated computer aided call dispatch network.