Miriam is distinguished by her strategic thinking at both legal and commercial levels and by her ability to manage complex commercial transactions. She has an excellent ability to communicate with, and relate to, legal and non-legal personnel about complex legal issues in ways that are easily understood.
- Corporations law and corporate restructuring
- Corporate governance
- Charitable trusts, tax concessions for not for profit organisations and cy près applications
- General commercial contracts
- Acquisition and refinancing of business
- Joint ventures
- Development and implementation of regulatory compliance programs in the public and private sectors
- Advising on corporate structure, constitutional, governance and charity tax concession issues in the private, government and not for profit sectors, including indigenous, social housing, health and community services organisations.
- Advising a major franchising entity on corporate and commercial issues, including advice on the Corporations Act, corporate structure and governance, share structure and issue, securities, fundraising and financial services advice and Franchising Code advice.
- Advised an ASX listed company and private corporate group operating in the horticultural produce sector. Advising on general corporate and commercial advice, including ASX Listing Rules, structural, joint venture and Horticultural Code advice.
- Advising and drafting on general commercial contracts and arrangements, including catering tenders, catering contracts, sponsorship agreements, sale of assets agreements, transfer of business arrangements, dissolution of partnership, distribution agreements and joint venture agreements.