Miriam is distinguished by her strategic thinking at both legal and commercial levels and by her ability to manage complex commercial transactions. She has an excellent ability to communicate with, and relate to, legal and non-legal personnel about complex legal issues in ways that are easily understood.
- Corporations law and corporate restructuring
- Corporate governance
- Charities and not-for-profit law, charitable trusts, charity registrations, tax concessions for not-for-profit organisations, deductible gift recipient endorsements, cy près applications and charitable fundraising
- Charity mergers, amalgamations, partnerships and auspicing
- Development and implementation of regulatory compliance programs in the public and private sectors
- General commercial contracts including government funding agreements
- Acquisition and refinancing of business
- Joint ventures
- Advising on corporate structure, constitutional, governance and charity tax concession issues in the private, government and not-for-profit sectors, including Indigenous, social housing, health and community services organisations.
- Advising on implications of charity law, the establishment and good governance of charitable organisations, trusts and ancillary funds. Conducting training programs for trustees.
- Advising on suitable structures for social enterprises.
- Providing general corporate and commercial advice to for-profit and not-for-profit organisations including governance advice to boards; advising on, negotiating and drafting agreements; mergers and acquisitions; government funding and related agreements; charitable fundraising.
- Advising and drafting on general commercial contracts and arrangements, including catering tenders and catering contracts, sponsorship agreements, sale of assets agreements, transfer of business arrangements, dissolution of partnership, distribution agreements and joint venture agreements.