Nereda has extensive experience providing support and advice to business managers, operational managers and human resources practitioners in highly competitive service oriented environments.
Nereda has worked for over 10 years as a lawyer in industrial relations and employment law. She has also worked in human resources management roles for a number of national and global corporations. She has broad experience in a variety of industries, including the finance, education, mining, oil, manufacturing, electricity and retail industries. Her understanding of employment and industrial relations law is combined with an ability to relate it to human resources and sound business practice and the achievement of business outcomes.
Nereda’s experience encompasses supporting businesses to manage major change, reviewing policies, processes and employment contracts to ensure compliance with legislative minimum standards, providing strategic advice about the industrial regulation of employees and negotiation of industrial instruments, advising on all employment and industrial relations law aspects of business restructures, divestments and acquisitions, advising and representing employers in applications to stop or prevent industrial action, termination issues and discrimination complaints, and conducting and advising on confidential investigations into complaints of workplace misconduct, including complaints of discrimination, harassment and bullying.
Nereda was formerly a Special Counsel at Justitia and a Senior Associate at Blake Dawson Waldron (now Ashurst).
- Industrial Relations
- Enterprise bargaining and agreements
- Advising employers about negotiating and drafting enterprise agreements, representing employers in negotiations, advising on processes for obtaining approval, advising and representing employers in preventing and stopping industrial action.
- Reviewing industrial instruments, employment contracts and human resources policies as part of due diligence processes for sales, acquisitions and joint ventures, advising on transfer arrangements, and advising on options and developing strategies for integrating industrial and employment arrangements of the businesses concerned.
- Advising a broad range of private and public sector clients on issues of statutory interpretation and legislative reform.
- Reviewing and updating employment agreements and human resources policies and processes to ensure compliance with legislative minimum standards, developing principles for a global redeployment policy to support a career support strategy, reviewing the effectiveness of international secondment policies and developing new secondment agreements to ensure consistency.