Background and legal expertise
Nick has built a reputation over the past decade as an outstanding property development lawyer, advising on all types of property developments in the residential, industrial and commercial sectors. He is commercial in his approach and brings energy, focus and a measured perspective to the projects he works on.
He acts for private and institutional clients across a range of property development work, including acquisitions, disposals, development structuring, development agreements, agreements for lease and lease and owners corporation advice and structuring.
Nick is also a member of the Property Council of Australia’s Infrastructure, Industrial and Logistics Committee, and is qualified in two jurisdictions having qualified in the UK before joining Maddocks in 2007 and requalifying in Victoria.
Relevant experience and recent projects
- Acting for AVJennings on its Victorian land portfolio.
- Acting for Investa on its industrial and residential land portfolio in Victoria.
- Acting for Cadence Property Group in a number of Victorian acquisitions and fund through deals for industrial development projects, including the group’s acquisition of a 50 hectare industrial subdivision site in Truganina.
- Acting for a Mirvac and VIP joint venture in the development of Woodlea master planned community in Rockbank of approximately 7,000 dwellings
- Acting for Mirvac on a number of its Victorian developments, including acquisitions of 2 industrial parcels in Altona and Cheltenham to be remediated, rezoned and rehabilitated into medium density residential and mixed use projects.
- Acting for various private industrial developers, including a syndicate in the clean-up and acquisition of a substantial former landfill site in Epping, Victoria slated for industrial/low sensitive use.
- Acting in the development of Wyndham Harbour Marina in Werribee.
- Advising a proponent on the proposed Port Phillip Ferry service on its submissions to and dialogue with government in respect of the proposed ferry service.
- Acting for Poly and Southlink Developments on their Victorian apartment and mixed use development projects, including Claremont Manor, Lakeside and its recent acquisition of 1000 LaTrobe Street, comprising a mix of residential, commercial and retail product.
- Acting for the Capital Alliance Group in the acquisition and development of their M Docklands apartment/hotel project, and their Waterline Place projects, in Docklands, as well as its acquisition of 115 King Street, Melbourne.
- Acting for the Aspial/World Class Group in its development of the Australia 108 and Avant apartment projects, with Australia 108 being Melbourne’s tallest residential apartment building.
- Acting for Hiap Hoe in the development of its mixed use apartment and hotel development in Docklands, known as Marina Tower.