Peter has been a practising lawyer for over 27 years, principally within the areas of intellectual property, information technology, commercial law, licensing, trade practices, telecommunications and privacy.
Peter has been particularly involved in intellectual property matters relating to the arts, especially on behalf of statutory bodies. He has for many years acted for Film Victoria and Cinemedia in relation to film and television matters including script development, film production, financing and distribution, and has advised on a wide range of copyright issues, particularly in relation to emerging technologies. He has acted for a number of independent film producers. Peter also acts for the recently formed Australian Centre for the Moving Image (ACMI).
- Commercial law
- Information technology
- Intellectual property
- Trade practices
Advising numerous public and private sector clients in relation to:
- Copyright, particularly in relation to emerging technologies.
- General commercial work, including mergers and acquisitions, distribution agreements, joint ventures and shareholders agreements.
- Intellectual property and information technology.
- Licensing of intellectual property and technology.
- Particular issues relating to film, computer games and on-line broadcasting.
- Patent advice.
- Trademark registration and infringement.
The 2012/13 Asia Pacific Legal 500 rankings acknowledged Peter in IP category quoting a client who described him as being ‘quick to grasp the issues’ and ‘able to deliver accurate legal advice’.