Philip is recognised as one of the most experienced insolvency lawyers in Melbourne, providing clients a broad range of commercial and financial experience. He has over 30 years’ experience within insolvency and business reconstruction having acted for financial institutions, insolvency practitioners and company directors, dealing with the complexities created by parties confronting financial distress. Commerciality and practical outcomes are the key notes to his practice.
Philip’s experience extends to extensive involvement in acting for banks, financial institutions and insolvency practitioners in the last major recession during the late 1980s and early 1990s. His expertise and experience ensures that the Insolvency Group at Maddocks is a comprehensive and well-resourced facility capable of addressing all of the challenges presented in the area of insolvency and reconstruction. Philip has been ranked in the Australian Financial Review’s Best Lawyers in the category of Commercial Law from 2014 – 2018 and Insolvency and Reorganization Law from 2018.
- Corporate Advisory
- Contract Negotiation
- Partnership Unitholder and intercompany disputes
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- International Mergers and Acquisitions
- Insolvency and Reconstruction
- Extensive experience in assisting distressed companies in dealing with legal and commercial challenges
- Assisting and advising administrators, receivers and liquidators on their legal responsibilities and providing commercial and negotiation skills through that process
- Contract negotiation
- Negotiating and contracting of mergers, acquisitions and sales of businesses
- Provision of strategic advice to achieve commercial outcomes for clients.
- Advice and assistance in resolving shareholder, unitholder and partnership disputes.
- Delivering in a rapid manner detailed strategic, commercial and legal advice to clients.