Sam advises insolvency practitioners, creditors, corporations and government on all areas of corporate reconstruction, insolvency and corporations law, including dealing with regulators such as ASIC and AFSA.
Sam assists financial institutions with securities enforcement and workout strategies for non-performing borrowers.
Sam has extensive experience in commercial litigation in a variety of State and Federal Courts and has conducted complex commercial litigation in the insurance, corporate and banking and finance sectors. Sam also has experience in a diverse range of regulatory issues and investigations, including Royal Commissions and investigations by bodies such as ASIC and the Financial Ombudsman Service (now AFCA).
- corporate reconstructions
- corporations law
- commercial litigation
- Royal Commissions and regulatory investigations.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND RECENT PROJECTS
- Banksia Securities Limited – advising in all aspects of the liquidation and special purpose receivership of Banksia Securities Limited on issues such as Court approval for settlement of claims intersecting with group proceedings (see for example Banksia Securities Limited  VSC 47 and  VSC 148)), insurance claims (see for example Banksia Securities Limited  NSWSC 629) and remuneration (see for example Banksia Securities Limited  NSWSC 540 and  NSWSC 229).
- Bendigo and Adelaide Bank – successfully obtaining summary judgment on claims against Bendigo alleging breaches of the Farm Debt Mediation Act (see for example Muranna Park Pty Ltd & Ors v Southern Mortgages Limited & Ors  VSC 522).
- Beaumont v Peel & Ors  NSWSC 95 – successfully resolving oppression proceedings in relation to a family farming group with net assets of approximately $200 million.