Sean is a commercial and corporate lawyer specialising in technology, intellectual property, contracting and procurement and M&A transactions in the technology sector.
Sean has extensive experience in:
- drafting and negotiating technology agreements of all types including outsourcing, services, licensing, maintenance and support, reseller, service level and escrow agreements
- structuring, documenting and negotiating acquisitions in the technology sector, including asset purchases, share purchases and joint ventures
- restructuring technology providers and commercialising technology and IP
- assisting and advising clients generally on technology and intellectual property issues.
Sean also assists clients with director and shareholder disputes and disputes with suppliers, including conducting mediations and negotiating settlements.
- Contract law
- IT outsourcing
- Information technology and intellectual property
- Tendering and procurement
- M&A in the technology sector
- Disputes and dispute settlements.
- Optus – documenting and negotiating IT and telco outsourcing deals with Optus’s corporate clients; advising Optus on its systems acquisitions contracts, including SingTel/Optus group-wide master procurement agreements.
- Myer Stores – advising Myer on the renovation of its online systems, including negotiating supply and licence agreements with key vendors.
- Verizon Australia Pty Ltd – advising on Verizon’s services agreement with the Department of Defence for the acquisition of the Defence High Availability Internet Gateway System (HAIGS).
- Northrop Grumman M5 Networks – negotiation of supply agreements and subcontracts; advising on JP2047 subcontract.
- Superpartners – probity advice on Superpartners’ NEXTGEN tender process; advising on Clearing House Services Agreement with one of Australia’s premier banks.
- SIDS Council – providing pro bono advice to the National SIDS Council on its acquisition of a bereavement services website.
- Grains Research and Development Corporation (Commonwealth) – drafting R&D Alliance Agreement.
- Blackbay Limited – negotiating supply and support agreements with large corporates such as Australian Air Express, Australia Post, NRMA and DHL.
- Goulburn-Murray Rural Water Corporation (G-MW) – negotiating supply, licensing and maintenance and support agreements for G-MW’s irrigation channel control systems.