Stella has extensive experience in leasing and licensing (commercial, retail and industrial) and has an excellent understanding of both landlord and tenant concerns in part due to her considerable in house legal experience prior to joining Maddocks.
Stella also specialises in leasing and licensing disputes including the enforcement of contractual obligations and advising on termination options and procedures, drawing upon her experience as a property litigator in the United Kingdom.
- agreements to lease (including agreements to design, construct and lease new premises)
- leases and licences
- sub-leasing and assignments
- lease disputes and general leasing advice
- termination of leases and licences (including surrenders)
- permits, consents and other property agreements
- tripartite agreements between landlord, tenant and financier.
- Acting for VicTrack on their leasing and licensing portfolio (comprising retail, industrial and office premises) including various major projects and advice on leasing issues and disputes, enforcement and re-entry.
- Acting for Parks Victoria on the preparation of leases, licences, infrastructure consents and other types of land access and use agreements, in respect of a diverse range of premises (including cafés, restaurants, agricultural land, pontoons and river berths, marinas, sports grounds and community facilities) and advice on leasing issues and disputes.
- Acting for the Australian Taxation Office on the procurement of new office accommodation including probity advice in relation to the procurement processes, negotiating and finalising the agreements for design, construction and lease, deeds of variation and purchaser/financier tripartite agreements.
- Acting for various tenants in relation to their leasing requirements including Myer, Sass & Bide, Lawrence & Hansen and BASF Australia Ltd.
- Acting for various State government departments including the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning, the Department of Treasury and Finance and the Department of Human Services on the preparation of leases and ancillary documents and providing advice on leasing issues and disputes.
- Acting for various landlords including Moorabbin Airport Corporation (part of the Goodman Group), Folkestone Ltd and Lend Lease on the preparation of agreements for lease, leases and ancillary documents, and providing advice on leasing issues and disputes, enforcement and termination.
- Acting for various municipal councils on the preparation of leasing and licensing documentation and the provision of advice on procurement processes, leasing issues and disputes.