Background and legal expertise
Stuart has advised on a broad range of complex corporate transactions including private and public Mergers and Acquisitions (advising both bidders and targets), schemes of arrangement, strategic advice regarding corporate structure, equity capital markets work (including initial public offerings and public equity fundraising) and advising on general corporate and regulatory issues.
Stuart has advised on a number of private equity transactions, including advising private equity firms on strategic acquisitions and assisting portfolio companies in structuring for exits.
Stuart has experience across a broad range of industries (ranging from resources, industrials and financial services to food and beverage and IT) with a diverse range of clients (from large multinationals like Google Inc. to small domestic companies).
Relevant experience and recent projects
- Advising Medico-Legal & Psychological Services Pty Ltd on the sale of the business to JustKapital Limited, an ASX listed litigation funder (transaction value A$20 million)
- Advising on the sale Big River Group Pty Ltd to the private equity firm, Anacacia Capital (transaction value not disclosed)
- Advising Netcomm Wireless Limited in relation to its fully underwritten A$50 million share placement and A$10 million share purchase plan
- Advising Pan Pacific Petroleum NL on its takeover defence in respect of the on-market takeover offer from Zeta Resources Limited (transaction value A$30 million)
- Advising Veritas Securities Limited in relation to its role as Lead Manager and Underwriter of a number of ANREOs and capital raisings.
- Advising Guardian Early Learning Group on bolt on acquisitions in the child care and early learning and development industry.
- Advising Netcomm Wireless Limited regarding the adoption and implementation of its Long Term Incentive Share Appreciation Rights Plan
- Advising the founders of Soap Creative Pty Limited, a digital creative agency, in relation to sale of the Company to Dentsu Aegis Network (transaction value not disclosed)
- Advising a large international fast moving consumer goods company on a range of general commercial matters including marketing and distribution agreements, sponsorship agreements, government tender processes, trade promotions and general consumer law matters.
- Advising Farallon Capital Management, L.L.C. on its acquisition of a substantial interest in Whitehaven Coal Limited (estimated transaction value A$400 million).
- Advising Macmahon Holdings Limited on the sale of its construction business to Leighton Holdings Limited (transaction value A$30 million).
- Advising Western Areas Limited on its fully underwritten A$50 million share placement and A$15 million share purchase plan.
- Advising Coca-Cola Amatil Limited on the formation, and subsequent sale (transaction value A$300 million), of the Pacific Beverages Limited joint venture arrangements with SABMiller plc.
- Advising Coca-Cola Amatil Limited on multiple private treaty acquisitions by its vending machine, water, frozen product and alcohol divisions.
- Advising Farallon Capital Management, L.L.C. on the equity aspects of the various financing facilities provided to the Tinkler Group including corporate and derivative structuring and sell side advice in respect of the Aston Resources Limited scheme of arrangement and Boardwalk Resources Limited private treaty M&A transaction (total value of the transactions A$2.6 billion).
- Advising Pacific Beverages Limited and its joint venture parties, Coca Cola Limited and SAB Miller plc, on the acquisition of Bluetongue Brewery Pty Limited.
- Advising Coca-Cola Amatil Limited on the 10 year exclusive manufacturing and distribution arrangements with Beam Global Australia Pty Limited.
- Advising Chinese state owned entity Northwest Nonferrous International Investment Company Ltd on the acquisition of Meridian Minerals Limited by scheme of arrangement (transactional value A$68 million).
- Advising Chinese state owned entity Bright Food (Group) Co., Ltd on its bid for Sucrogen Limited (CSR Limited’s sugar business) (bid value A$1.75 billion).
- Advising Archer Capital on the proposed acquisition of the waste services business WSN Environmental Solutions from the NSW State Government.
- Advising Google Inc. on the development and implementation of a complex cross-border corporate structure used to facilitate the in-house development of “Google Wave” by Google.
- Advising Platinum Asset Management Limited on the company’s initial public offering and listing on the Australian Stock Exchange (market cap on listing of A$2.8 billion).
- Advising Boart Longyear Limited on the acquisition of DrillCorp Limited from Avatar Industries Limited (transaction value A$134 million).
- Advising multiple listed companies on Corporations Act and ASX Listing Rule compliance including in respect of continuous disclosure obligations, General Meetings, capital reductions, share purchase plans and employee incentive share plans.
- Advising multiple companies on joint ventures and commercial agreements (including manufacturing and distribution arrangements and supply agreements).
- Advising both companies and individual directors on corporate governance arrangements and directors duties.