Wayne has more than 30 years’ experience of work across a broad range of sectors, including government, finance, capital markets and infrastructure.
Wayne begun his career with ANZ in institutional banking and worked in Melbourne and in London. Prior to joining Maddocks as a Consultant in the firm’s Government group, Wayne was Executive Director of the NSW Government’s Asset Management Taskforce. His role was to lead the Taskforce team, which included setting priorities to meet the government’s objectives, providing advice to Government departments and managing stakeholder relationships by being the central point of contact for advisors, bidders and for the businesses’ Chair / CEO that were offered for sale. That includes included NSW Lotteries, NSW Environmental Solutions and the RTA’s number plates business.
Wayne has also been the Managing Director and Vice Chairman, Asia Pacific of RBC Capital Markets, as well as the CEO of NSW Treasury Corporation (T Corp) from 1995 to 2005. Before joining NSW TCorp, he was the founding Managing Director of Treasury Corporation of Victoria. Wayne successfully applies such broad experience from both the public and private sectors at Maddocks in advising clients on business development strategies, and providing introductions for those companies’ government practices.
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets and private equity
- Energy and resources
- Funds management
- Major projects and PPPs
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Chairman of Plenary Social Infrastructure Fund responsible for Melbourne Convention Centre, Berwick Hospital, Defence Homes and other government assets
- As Managing Director, advising a North American bank and its clients on establishing a new business in Infrastructure Finance
- As Managing Director, advising a bank on the sale of a Wind Farm in Queensland
- As Chief Executive Officer, advising a Central Borrowing Authority on managing its $12bn investment in a variety of funds
- As Managing Director, advising a Victorian State Government department of its wholesale funding activities
- As Group Treasurer, advising a Big 4 bank on a large bank merger which transferred the funding operations of the acquired entity’s operations to Sydney.