Our Banking & Finance team acts for financiers, borrowers and other intermediaries, providing strategic advice and practical structuring solutions for all types of financial transactions.
We recognise that relationships are critical to understanding both financiers and borrowers’ requirements and pride ourselves on the strength of the relationships we have built in this sector. We value the trust clients place in us, relying on us to deliver robust, timely legal outcomes.
Our team understands the lending criteria and credit approval terms required to secure successful transactions. We work closely in partnership with financier clients to ensure adherence to credit parameters, to minimise unnecessary exposure to unwanted credit risk yet at the same time, being mindful of achieving successful commercial outcomes. We offer extensive expertise in the following areas:
- Property investment and development
- Corporate finance
- Capital markets
- Project and infrastructure finance
- Structured finance
- Regulation and compliance.
We act for the following major financiers:
- Acquaint Capital
- Austpac Group
- Bendigo and Adelaide Bank
- Burton Group
- MaxCap Group
- Rabobank (Australia & New Zealand)
Our team has been involved in the following recent matters:
- acting for a company in connection with the financing of its acquisition of a coal mine in New South Wales
- acting for an institution regarding its adoption of the Basel II Operating Risk procedures and reviewing and advising on the effectiveness of securities and ease of enforcement of securities
- advised the developer in a PPP project on complex financing and security arrangements for a AU$235 million transaction with a syndicate of offshore financiers
- advising on numerous large residential (including broad acre subdivisions) financing transactions of up to AU$140 million at Docklands, in Victoria and other numerous major CBD and inner city developments
- syndicated AU$650 million multi-option credit facility for a large listed company
- advised on Motor Vehicle financing with complex security structures
- advising security trustees in relation to a substantial facility for a major professional services firm
- acting for a financier on a AU$135 million headquarter facility for a major automotive manufacturer
- restructuring of a AU$210 million facility for a listed property trust.
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2015/2016 – Ranked for Banking and Finance
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2014/2015 – Ranked for Banking and Finance
- IFLR 1000 2014 – Recognised as a notable consultant for Banking
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2013/2014 – Ranked for Banking and Finance