“Skilled negotiators providing practical and highly valuable advice.”
Chambers Asia Pacific 2016
Maddocks offers expertise in all areas of corporate and commercial law, advising listed companies, privately owned businesses and local subsidiaries of international corporations in a wide range of industries.
Our partners work closely with our clients to provide timely advice and implement transactions and commercial arrangements quickly and efficiently, helping to ensure positive commercial outcomes.
How can we help?
Our clients come to us for assistance on all aspects of business growth and development. We help to establish businesses, advise on joint ventures, assist with strategic acquisitions and disposals and help when it comes time to sell. We assist our clients in documenting and negotiating all their commercial contractual arrangements, from preparing standard terms and conditions of trade and online legal content to negotiating complex contracts and advising on large procurement tenders.
Our Corporate and Commercial team regularly advises clients on:
- memoranda of understanding and heads of agreement for joint ventures, partnerships, investments, finance and other commercial arrangements
- brand protection, marketing activities and consumer law
- corporate governance, including drafting governance documents and advising on appropriate management structures
- tax structuring and stamp duty implications
- executive and employee incentive plans, including share plans and performance rights
- negotiating and drafting commercial agreements (including standard terms and conditions, supply and services agreements, operation and maintenance agreements and outsourcing agreements)
- the procurement of goods and services, including preparing tender documents
- establishing new businesses, whether as companies, trusts or joint ventures, including optimum structures and preparing constitutions, trust deeds and partnership, joint venture and shareholders’ agreements
- competition issues, including transaction structuring, merger clearance, responding to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission and other regulators’ investigations
- strategies to manage contractual relationships and disputes in order to minimise legal, commercial and reputation risks
- termination of relationships, business closure and insolvency issues.
- Chambers Asia Pacific 2016 – “Throughout the whole deal they never let us down, providing solid, considered and well-researched advice, and things just got done with a minimum fuss.”
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2015/2016 – Ranked for Corporate and M&A
- Chambers Asia Pacific 2015 – “What I like about them is that they are very responsive, despite being busy guys, and they’re certainly very good at due diligence and handling the opposite side on transactions.“
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2014/2015 – Ranked for Corporate and M&A
- Chambers Asia Pacific 2014 – “They offer speedy responses, commerciality and value for money.”
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2014 – Ranked for Corporate and M&A