‘Overall standards are excellent’
Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2015
Maddocks has close to 70 partners and the majority of these are regularly involved in dispute resolution, including in the areas of employment, tax, planning, environment and construction.
Our team advises both public and private sector clients on the wide range of strategies available to them.
How can we help?
Maddocks has a dedicated dispute resolution & litigation team which has the experience and depth of resources to provide a range of advice, litigation and dispute resolution services for a very broad spectrum of legal issues. Our services include:
- expert determination
- facilitated dispute processes
- class actions
- dispute boards and tribunals
- negotiated settlements
- commissions and inquiries.
Our practice is based on the fundamental understanding that commercial disputes do not form part of our clients’ core business. To reduce costs, provide greater flexibility and facilitate communication, Maddocks often proposes alternative dispute resolution processes, including commercial negotiation, arbitration and mediation. However, when litigation is required we are recognised for our uncompromising but fair representation.
At Maddocks, our approach is to work with our clients to achieve their commercial objective. We:
- emphasise early, commercial resolutions to disputes, rather than prolonged and costly litigation
- continue to advise our clients on their strategic options throughout any dispute resolution process
- carefully consider and discuss with our clients the costs and benefits of pursuing or contesting issues
- seek to work constructively with the other party to the dispute and their lawyers
- whenever possible, and if appropriate, focus on maintaining relationships with other parties in order to keep our clients’ commercial options open for when the dispute is resolved.
Above all, we pride ourselves on our ability to go beyond ‘black letter’ legal advice to give our clients commercial solutions to their problems. We understand our clients’ businesses and the environments in which they operate and work with them to develop the most effective strategy for the dispute at hand.
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2015/2016 – Ranked for Dispute Resolution
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2014/2015 – Ranked for Dispute Resolution
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2013/2014 – Ranked for Dispute Resolution -“Maddocks’ commercial disputes team provides ‘first class service’.“