“They give us a glimpse of what’s to come and how to understand the interlinking of issues. They also have an extensive network of industry professionals.”
Chambers Asia-Pacific 2017
Maddocks has one of the leading Environmental Law teams in Australia, with approximately 30 partners, consultants and lawyers practising in this field. Our team members are frequently recognised in international and Australian legal directories such as Chambers, PLC Which Lawyer?, and Doyle’s Guide.
How can we help?
Maddocks advises private and public sector clients on all aspects of environmental law. Our lawyers have expertise in:
- approvals for major projects
- pollution, including marine pollution
- contaminated land
- the Clean Energy legislation and other greenhouse gas abatement regimes
- threatened species conservation
- heritage issues
- the interplay between state and Commonwealth laws
- Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 requirements
- land access arrangements for projects, including native title issues
- the management of environmental risks in transactions
- waste issues
- renewable energy
- the Hazardous Waste (Regulation of Exports and Imports) Act 1989, Industrial Chemicals (Notification and Assessment) Act 1989 and the Ozone Protection legislation.
Maddocks also offers significant depth in Commonwealth and state regulatory frameworks for the management of water resources. Members of our team have been directly involved in the development and administration of relevant legislative and policy frameworks. We regularly advise large water authorities and state and Commonwealth government departments on issues relating to water management.
- Chambers Asia-Pacific Guide 2017 – “Strong capabilities in water law, where the firm is regularly involved in complex work. Sources praise the firm’s ‘client-centric’ approach, highlighting the responsiveness and quality of advice.”