“The whole organisation is very practical, separating legal intricacies from commercial realities and focusing on the practical way forward.”
Chambers Global 2012
Our ECM team specialises in advising mid-market companies on their equity capital markets requirements, including initial public offers, capital raisings, takeovers and compliance. We also advise lead managers and brokers who specialise in mid-market capital raisings.
Our experienced team has advised on a wide range of IPOs, capital raisings and other ECM transactions and has the depth of talent and resources to advise on the most technically complex matters.
Our partners, many of whom have experience working on some of Australia’s largest ECM transactions, have a hands-on, practical and commercial approach and lead our teams to ensure transactions are implemented quickly and efficiently. We advise on:
- capital raisings through rights issues, placements with institutional and sophisticated investors and public offers
- tax implications relating to all aspects of capital raisings
- equity capital structures, including convertible bonds, preference shares and hybrids
- strategic investments in listed companies
- regulatory approvals and responding to regulatory enforcement action, including liaising with the Australian Securities Exchange, the Australian Securities and Investments Commission and the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
- due diligence and risk management programs
- compliance and continuous disclosure, including compliance with the ASX Listing Rules and Corporations Act
- significant transactions, including major changes to the nature or scale of activities and back door listings
- directors’ duties, conflicts of interest and corporate governance issues
- executive and employee incentive plans, including share plans and performance rights.
Our clients include mid-market listed companies, private equity fund managers and privately owned businesses seeking an exit or expansion capital through equity capital markets, directors, lead managers, brokers and corporate finance advisors.
See also: Private Equity