Our dedicated, specialised Funds Management team advises on a full range of issues reflecting the managed fund lifecycle, including:
- Australian Financial Services (AFS) licensing
- fund establishment – wholesale funds and retail funds
- investment structures
- divestment strategies
Our client funds range from responsible entities of managed funds, trustees of wholesale funds, and custodians.
How can we help?
Our services include:
- Establishment of wholesale and retail managed funds, registration and licencing of responsible entities, advice concerning regulation of managed funds
- Preparation and review of information memoranda and product disclosure statements, advice in relation to regulatory issues, liaising with ASIC.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Restructure and re-organisation of managed funds; mergers, acquisitions and disposals
- Asset divestment, responsible entity replacement, refinancing of managed funds and advice concerning financially distressed managed funds.
Licencing and Regulatory
- Issue and variation of Australian Financial Services Licences
- Dispute resolution, regulatory issues, breach notices and inquiries initiated by ASIC.
- Preparing and reviewing information memoranda and product disclosure statements and advising on compliance with disclosure requirements generally and member reporting.
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Strategic advice on initiation and defence of proceedings in the funds management and superannuation sphere; general conduct and stewardship of proceedings.
- Advice in relation to corporate governance issues, conflicts of interests and duty, delegations, codes of conduct and meeting protocols
- Risk management and advice concerning regulatory issues arising with the regulator, ASIC.