“The whole organisation is very practical, separating legal intricacies from commercial realities and focusing on the practical way forward.”
Chambers Asia Pacific 2012
Major projects seek out legal advisers who can competently advise on commercial, technical and practical matters together with the legal issues. That’s our strength.
We pride ourselves on understanding your business needs and the sectors in which you operate. We’re geared at helping you to identify issues before they become problems. The result? Successfully delivered projects.
The Maddocks major projects and PPP team comprises commercially oriented transaction lawyers, backed by specialists across a range of areas. Our people can represent the broad range of parties involved in delivering major infrastructure projects, including government and government agencies, sponsors, financiers, contractors, specialist subcontractors and major equipment suppliers.
Our partners are frequently recognised as amongst the best in their field by independent legal directories.
How can we help?
We offer advice on the full range of issues that can arise in connection with major projects including:
- government policies and legislation, approval procedures and regulation
- project structuring and project development strategies
- risk identification, allocation and management
- project delivery methods ranging from traditional procurement through to PPPs, alliancing, managing contractor and other less traditional approaches
- development of contract documents including concession and project agreements, development agreements and ancillary project documents
- market sounding, EOI and tender processes and tender documents
- financing arrangements
- disposal and acquisition of property interests
- planning and environment issues
- project management and consultancy agreements
- facilities management and operation and maintenance contracts
- legal strategy during contract administration
- claims and disputes.
We operate nationally, combining specialist areas to provide an integrated service on each project. Our lawyers have a wealth of experience on major projects both locally and across the globe. We’ve worked on:
- roads and motorways
- prisons and justice
- sport and entertainment
- government accommodation
- water and wastewater
- waste management.
The team is supported by some of Australia’s leading planning and environment lawyers. They have particular experience in major project approvals, planning law and environmental licensing requirements.
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2015/2016 – Ranked for Major Projects and PPS
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2014/2015 – Ranked for Major Projects and PPS
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2013/2014 – Ranked for Major Projects and PPS – “Maddocks has a commercially astute team.“