“They’ve been fundamental to our growth strategy. We couldn’t have done everything without their level of diligence.”
Chambers Asia-Pacific 2017
Our Mergers & Acquisitions team advises Australian and international businesses on all aspects of their expansion, divestment and succession planning strategies.
Our experienced team has advised on a wide range of acquisitions, takeovers, schemes of arrangement, disposals, joint ventures and strategic investments and has the depth of talent and resources to advise on the most technically complex matters. Many of our team members have been involved in some of Australia’s largest and most sophisticated M&A transactions.
How can we help?
Our M&A partners have a hands on, practical and commercial approach and lead our teams to ensure transactions are implemented efficiently and our services are focussed on meeting our clients’ objectives.
Maddocks offers clients a multi-disciplinary team – bringing together experts in corporate and securities law, competition and regulatory law, employment, financial services, intellectual property, planning and real property superannuation, tax and other specialist areas – to deliver a commercially focused, solutions-oriented service.
We advise on:
- corporate restructures
- business acquisitions and disposals
- takeovers, defences and schemes of arrangement
- cross-border transactions
- competitive tender processes
- tax structuring and stamp duty implications
- due diligence and risk management programs, including warranty and indemnity insurance
- regulatory approvals, including liaising with the Foreign Investment Review Board, the Australian Securities Exchange, the Australian Securities and Investments Commission and the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
- acquisition financing, including leveraged senior debt facilities and funding through equity capital markets
- directors’ duties, conflicts of interest and corporate governance issues.
Our clients include multinationals, public listed companies, private equity fund managers, SMEs and family run businesses in a wide range of industries, including agriculture, education, energy, health, financial services, manufacturing, mining, retail, software as a service and technology.
- Chambers Asia-Pacific 2017 – “Stands out for its mid-market focus, ready access to partners and close attention to client service”
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2015/2016 – Ranked for M&A
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2014/2015 – Ranked for M&A
- IFLR 1000 2014 – Ranked in M&A