Maddocks’ Planning and Environment group is one of the largest and most highly experienced in Australia. The size of the team and depth of experience of our team members enable us to advise on the complete range of planning transactions.
Our lawyers work with local, state and Commonwealth government clients as well as private sector clients in a wide range of industries. We are particularly recognised for our local government expertise.
Visit our Planning and Environment in NSW Blog and join the discussion.
How can we help?
Incisive, strategic management of planning and environmental concerns has become fundamental to conducting most government and business transactions. Our focus is on providing clear and very practical solutions for our clients.
Our experience includes advising on:
- appearances before all relevant appeals tribunals, courts, advisory committees, commissions of inquiry and ministerial panels regarding the full range of planning appeals, enforcement actions and other issues
- changes in legislation, policy and guides applied in statutory and strategic planning processes
- the development approval process from inception to completion
- legislation and planning agreements
- amendments to planning schemes, planning instruments, development control plans and policies
- planning permits
- section 173 agreements
- subdivision issues, including major land subdivisions and land release
- development agreements
- Crown land issues and Native Title
- land compensation and contamination
- native vegetation regulations
- environmental issues relevant to planning cases
- due diligence audits
- environmental management systems and insurance products
- storage and disposal of hazardous water
- trade water agreements
- valuation, rates and compensation
- Company Law Review Act reporting requirements related to environmental concerns.
A distinctive feature of our planning and environment group is its ability to act as both solicitor and advocate for our clients.