“Very responsive despite being busy guys, and certainly very good at handling the opposite side on transactions.”
Chambers Asia Pacific 2015
Our Private Equity team advises private equity and venture capital funds, superannuation funds and other institutional investors on direct and alternative investments, including leveraged buy-outs and expansion stage investments, infrastructure investments and investments in REITs and other managed investment trusts.
We also advise companies or consortia seeking to raise equity capital or sell to private equity or other institutional investors and management teams on buy-outs and buy-ins. Our experience advising on both sides of these types of transactions, allows us to bring our knowledge, lessons learned and insight to these matters.
Our Private Equity team operates seamlessly with other commercial teams in the firm including Banking & Finance, Restructuring & Insolvency, Tax and Capital Markets teams.
How can we help?
Our team advises on:
- fund establishment, including setting up limited partnerships and managed investment trusts
- raising and investing early stage, development stage and expansion stage capital
- leveraged acquisitions and management buy-outs and buy-ins
- long term investments in infrastructure assets
- secondary investments
- public to private transactions
- financing structures, including equity capital, senior and mezzanine debt, hybrid securities and intercreditor arrangements
- tax structuring and stamp duty advice
- management incentive arrangements
- due diligence and risk management strategies, including warranty and indemnity insurance
- the implementation of exit strategies, including IPOs, sell downs and trade sales.
For investment and exit transactions, we bring together a commercially focused, multi-disciplined team specialising in employment, financial services, infrastructure, intellectual property, planning and real property, superannuation, tax and other specialist areas.
See also: Equity Capital Markets