“Very responsive despite being busy guys, and certainly very good at handling the opposite side on transactions.”
Chambers Asia Pacific 2015
Our Private Equity team advises private equity and venture capital funds, superannuation funds and other institutional investors on direct and alternative investments, including leveraged buy-outs and expansion stage investments, infrastructure investments and investments in REITs and other managed investment trusts.
We also advise companies or consortia seeking to raise equity capital or sell to private equity or other institutional investors and management teams on buy-outs and buy-ins.
How can we help?
Our team advises on:
- fund establishment, including setting up limited partnerships and managed investment trusts
- raising and investing early stage, development stage and expansion stage capital
- leveraged acquisitions and management buy-outs and buy-ins
- long term investments in infrastructure assets
- secondary investments
- public to private transactions
- financing structures, including equity capital, senior and mezzanine debt, hybrid securities and intercreditor arrangements
- tax structuring and stamp duty advice
- management incentive arrangements
- due diligence and risk management strategies, including warranty and indemnity insurance
- the implementation of exit strategies, including IPOs, sell downs and trade sales.
For investment and exit transactions, we bring together a commercially focused, multi-disciplined team specialising in employment, financial services, infrastructure, intellectual property, planning and real property, superannuation, tax and other specialist areas.
See also: Equity Capital Markets
- Chambers Asia Pacific 2015 – “Very responsive despite being busy guys, and certainly very good at handling the opposite side on transactions.“
- Chambers Asia Pacific 2014 – “A very client-focused practice with a good suite of associated practice areas, all working very well together.”
- Chambers Asia Pacific 2013 – “Maddocks is our first port of call. You get large-firm service with mid-sized firm bills.”
- Chambers Asia Pacific 2012 – “Their strengths include the personal service we receive from the partners.”
- Our team’s expertise was independently recognised when Maddocks won ‘Deal of Year’ at the DealMakers Global Awards 2012 for their involvement in the Retail Decisions Australia (now Wright Express Australia) transaction.