Maddocks provides probity and process advisory services to a range of government agencies for both procurement and grant processes. Our team members work with our clients to ensure their procurements and grant processes are implemented in accordance with the following principles:
- compliance with the relevant legal and policy frameworks applying to procurement decisions
- ensuring the processes remain appropriately competitive
- implementing appropriate security and confidentiality arrangements
- identifying and managing conflicts of interest
- maintaining fairness and impartiality
- ensuring consistency and transparency of the process.
How can we help?
Our role as probity adviser is to work with clients to ensure their process is defensible and can withstand internal and external scrutiny, as well as achieving value for money and optimum outcomes for stakeholders.
As probity and process advisers we provide the full range of services including:
- providing probity briefings and training to project teams (and other personnel with involvement in procurements, including Ministers)
- attending and advising tender evaluation board meetings
- advising on conflicts of interest
- drafting workable probity protocols and plans
- drafting and reviewing approach to market documentation and evaluation plans
- reviewing assessments of tenders and grants to ensure consistency of evaluation and adherence to the published documentation and evaluation plan
- attending project team meetings
- devising protocols and assisting with pre-tender or pre-grant market and stakeholder engagement strategies
- attending industry briefings
- managing issues such as contact with an incumbent provider
- advising on negotiation activities
- providing sign-offs at appropriate steps in the process, and
- providing training on probity and process issues.