Our Tax and Revenue team advises a wide range of clients on tax issues relevant to their personal and business needs. The team is highly regarded for their ability to provide practical strategic advice. They regularly act for accountants, financial advisers, individual tax-payers and the executives of Australian, and multinational companies.
Our lawyers have wide-ranging experience, gained from working in larger accounting firms and the Australian Taxation Office, along with legal and accounting qualifications including post-graduate tax qualifications.
Our key strengths
We’re proud to deliver:
- a thorough understanding of each client’s commercial objectives
- a strong technical knowledge of the law
- an ability to provide practical solutions which add real value.
The advice we provide is not simply about optimising a particular tax result, but strives to achieve solutions that are both tax efficient and commercially acceptable.
Our industry knowledge
We act for clients across a variety of industries including construction, manufacturing, property and retail. Our professionals understand the tax issues regularly faced by clients and the commercial parameters within which they operate. We offer advice in:
- income and capital gains tax
- mergers and acquisitions
- corporate reorganisations and distributions
- sale of businesses
- demergers and spin-offs
- capital raisings
- joint ventures and property developments
- partnerships and trusts
- product and private rulings
- International tax (both inward and outward investment)
- business succession and retirement planning
- stamp duty and land tax
- goods and services tax (GST)
- fringe benefits tax (FBT).