The Maddocks Valuation and Compensation group is a highly specialised team, offering expertise in land valuation and compensation, which includes representing clients in disputes at VCAT and the Supreme Court. We also have significant experience in all aspects of compensation disputes.
While we are particularly recognised for our work with Local Government, we have strong expertise acting for state government agencies and private owners. The Valuation and Compensation team provides advice and dispute representation under the following acts:
- Land Acquisition and Compensation Act 1986
- Planning and Environment Act 1987
- Valuation of Land Act 1960.
Our technical skill and deep experience in this area, along with our wider industry ties including the Municipal Group of Valuers (whom we sponsor), places us at the forefront. We are the only legal team in Victoria with specialist in-house rating valuations experience.
How can we help?
- compulsory acquisition and compensation for infrastructure projects
- planning blight (compensation) claims
- land valuation disputes regarding all classes of property, including obtaining costs
- fire services property levy advice.
- all aspects of land valuation
- preparation and implementation of special rate and charge schemes
- differential rating
- rateability of land.